Recognition

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Uncork and Unwind


Ever have one of those crafting days that everything you try to do just doesn't work????
Well, that's my day today!  I have about 6 cards on my desk that are total disasters!  I did post a few that I liked today, and even entered some challenges.  Then a very sweet DT member of the Less Is More Challenge let me know that my entry to their current challenge was not One Layer.  I'm so sorry, I didn't read it carefully - just saw the word Curve and went to town on my card, adding all kinds of layers!  Ha, silly me!  You can see that card HERE.

Oh, if I would just read carefully!  And to think I was a public school teacher for 34+ years!  
I really liked the card I made for that challenge (the one that will be disqualified) and so I wanted to use the same idea to make an entry that actually followed the directions, Curve with one Layer.  

I think I will enter this card in the NBUS Oops challenge, since I made a big boo-boo!
(NBUS - the sentiment)

Anyway, enough of that, here's my REAL entry to the LIM Challenge!

I used Fiskars "Aged to Perfection" wine glass stamp, and MFT "Uncorked" for the sentiment.
I colored the wine in the glass with Spectrum Noir markers and added sparkle pen for shimmer.  
The die is from Simon Says Stamp and it's called "Bubble Breeze".

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I'm entering this in:

  



15 comments:

  1. your first make was super but this one's even nicer - great job persevering!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I loved your first card but this one is fab too and keeps the same fun, stylish feel and all on one layer - brilliant job! Thanks so much for coming back with another card for Less is More... we're honoured! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card and so sorry you ended up boo-booing on the first one. It's so kind of you to remake a card to enter our challenge. I love your take on the curve and what a fantastic sentiment too. Eye-catching and fun. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the bubbly curve from the glass !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic and absolutely makes me smile, many of my friends would love this card! Very joyful and relaxed card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I love both versions you made. And, those little rules sometimes fly right by me at times. When I get to designing a card my mind does what it wants and then I realize I messed up for the challenge. Believe me, I have done this plenty of times so you are not alone in that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card. I need that die....it's so stinkin' cool. And you have used it perfectly here. Your creation just makes me smile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for re-entering our challenge this week. And I love both of these cards. I think this one has the edge for me as I love how CAS it is. The blend of the wine colour is perfect and that die is just fabulous.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all over the curves and sediment of this card, Angie! It's perfect now for the LIM challenge, but I also love your boo-boo card; the glass on that one is spectacular!! Thank you so much for playing in my challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card! Love the fizzy swoosh of the bubbles curve; it looks amazing. What a shame your first one wasn't one layer and it is wonderful you took the time to enter again. Oh Boy! You rocked the challenge with this card. Perfect! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes.... I know that feeling all too well. In fact today was one of "those days"! Love both of your cards. Isn't that bubble die fabulous! Well done on 2 great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on being ShowCASed in the LIM challenge ...... well deserved too !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card. Congrats on being ShowCASed at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how cool! I love the splashes coming out of the glass! Thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS Challenges!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete